Your Stop for the Daily Beef!

BEEF: Noun 1:the flesh of an adult domestic bovine (as a steer or cow) used as food. plural beefs: 2 a : something that is the cause or subject of protest or outcry 3 : a formal allegation against a party

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Lists are fun and yu can Kiss my Grammerr (intentionally spelled wrong, get it?)

The AFI (American Film Institute) released its top 100 Movie quotes of all time last night. All the classics were there of course but being the movie buff I am I couldn't help but compile my own list of Quotes they had forgot. Also, I often notice as I re-read some of my posts here that I occasionally miss some spelling and grammar issues. Actually the shitty spell checker built into Blogspot misses them. I try my best to be on top of this but you know what, when you are typing away like mad, writing whatever happens to be on your mind at that split second, mistakes are bound to happen. So please don't bother sending me a thesaurus for X-mas.

Before we get to the Movie quote list I wanted to tell those who asked; Yes I am doing well considering the circumstances. When a lot of empty time opens up in your life the need to fill it is immediate. If not you could find yourself in a funk. The kind of funk you get into after the loss of someone close. Either way its not pretty. Surprisingly I have turned into a fitness junkie, running for miles each night on the treadmill and punishing my body with a free weight routine. Its a great time waster and can really keep your mind occupied. It makes me think of Patrick Bateman the serial killer in the film American Psycho, where he keeps himself in peak physical condition not only because of his intense vanity but to occupy himself and keep his blood lust from spilling into his days. "I finish off with my stomach crunches," he tells us, "I can do a thousand now." I can do 12. There's always room for improvement.

Here is my list and I fully expect my few faithful readers to add their own favorite movie quotes under the comments section. If you don't you are all getting Thesaruses for X-mas.


The Beef Log's top ?? list of my favorite Movie Quotes in no particular order (that AFI Missed)

"I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. "-Monty Python's Search for the Holy Grail

"You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world."-Fight Club

Dante-"My girlfriend just fucked a dead guy!"
Randall- "My mom's been fuckin' a dead guy for 30 years. I call him dad. "-Clerks

"I don't want you to be the guy in the PG-13 movie everyone's *really* hoping makes it happen. I want you to be like the guy in the rated R movie, you know, the guy you're not sure whether or not you like yet. You're not sure where he's coming from. Okay? You're a bad man. You're a bad man, Mikey. You're a bad man, bad man." -Swingers

"I don't even know how long she's been gone. It's like I've woken up in bed and she's not here... because she's gone to the bathroom or something. But somehow, I know she's never gonna come back to bed. If I could just... reach over and touch... her side of the bed, I would know that it was cold, but I can't. I know I can't have her back... but I don't want to wake up in the morning, thinking she's still here. I lie here not knowing... how long I've been alone. So how... how can I heal? How am I supposed to heal if I can't... feel time?"-Memento

[after student provides incorrect answer to math problem] "Ok, now let's try to get an answer from someone who's not a complete retard... anyone?" -South Park The Movie

"I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope. " -Shawshank Redemption

"I'm gonna make you squeal like a pig. Weeeeeeee. " -Deliverence (Can you believe AFI left this one off? This is probably one of the most quoted lines of a movie ever!)

"We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. "-Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (I could have filled this list with just quotes from this film)

(Brodie Bruce speaking of T.S. and Brandi's love) "You two are retarded for each other!"-Mallrats

"when there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth." -Dawn of The Dead (1978)

"Once it escalated into a murder one beef for all of 'em after they killed the first two guards, they didn't hesitate. Popped guard number three because... what difference does it make? Why leave a living witness? At the drop of a hat these guys were Rock N Roll."-Heat

"I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip. "-American Psycho

"Are you smoking this shit so's to escape from reality? Me, I don't need this shit. I am reality. There's the way it ought to be, and there's the way it is. Elias was full of shit. Elias was a crusader. Now, I got no fight... with any man who does what he's told. But when he don't, the machine breaks down. And when the machine breaks down, we break down. And I ain't gonna allow that... in any of you. Not one."-Platoon

(on caddying for the Dhali Lamma) "So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice." -Caddyshack

"I say, why don't you guys locate your dicks, remove the shrink wrap, and fucking *use* them!" -American Pie

"Hey, Jack! Mickey's back!"-Natural Born Killers

"I'm very sorry the government taxes their tips, that's fucked up. That ain't my fault. It would seem to me that waitresses are one of the many groups the government fucks in the ass on a regular basis. Look, if you ask me to sign something that says the government shouldn't do that, I'll sign it, put it to a vote, I'll vote for it, but what I won't do is play ball. And as for this non-college bullshit I got two words for that: learn to fuckin' type, 'cause if you're expecting me to help out with the rent you're in for a big fuckin' surprise. "-Reservoir Dogs

Bob Wiley: "You ever hear of Tourette's syndrome? Involuntarily shouting out profanities?"
Dr. Leo Marvin:" It's exceptionally rare."
Bob Wiley: "Shit-eating son-of-a-bitch... bastard, douche-bag, twat, numb-nuts, dickhead!"
Dr. Leo Marvin: "Why exactly are you doing this?"
Bob Wiley: "Well, if I fake it then I don't have it." -What About bob?

"Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face!"-Pulp Fiction

"I see your Shwartz is as big as mine!"-Spaceballs

"First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me. Blow." -Army Of Darkness



UPDATE on 6/23:I Cant beleive I left out these from two of my favorite movies! I was up all night ashamed at how neglectful I was!

Donnie:"Why are you wearing that stupid bunny suit?"
Frank"Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?"-Donnie Darko

and

[on her pills] "Purple in the morning, blue in the afternoon, and orange in the evening. Just like that, one, two, three, four.."-Requiem For A Dream

"Ass to Ass!!"-Requiem for a Dream (classic!)

Now Im complete.








and the list could go on..............


Look forward to yours.

Stay Groovy,

J







2 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"A moment of realization is worth a thousand prayers." - Natural Born Killers

"It's fate, you know. Nobody can stop fate, nobody can." - Natural Born Killers

"Thank you for your honesty. Now fuck off and die." - Closer

"Lying is the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off...but it's better if you do." - Closer

"Be happy for this moment, this moment is your life" - Unfaithful

"There is no such thing as a mistake. There are things you do, and things you don't do." - Unfaithful

"I love you, I always will. Know that. But I'm not your fucking whore." - Chasing Amy

"Now THAT, my friend, is a shared moment." - Chasing Amy

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger juststained said...

Good Ones!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home