Your Stop for the Daily Beef!

BEEF: Noun 1:the flesh of an adult domestic bovine (as a steer or cow) used as food. plural beefs: 2 a : something that is the cause or subject of protest or outcry 3 : a formal allegation against a party

Friday, March 18, 2005

Smiles and Cries

I cried like a baby on my way to work this morning. I have no idea where it came from but it did. Latlely I have been having these vivid dreams where people and events from my past have been popping up. So much so that I have been tempted to start penning my auto-biography simply for personal therapeutic purposes. I'm driving down the interstate and I am rehashing some days from my childhood, mainly the time right before my folks got divorced and I remembered one of my favorite memories of my Father. Nothing major, just a little thing I remember and always made me feel good about it. As I was thinking of this a huge wave of emotion washed over me and I lost it. No sobbing or wailing just a damn good cry. I haven't had a genuine, unforced cry in years, and it felt great. I feel better then I have in days, shit weeks. This may sound crazy but I highly recommend a good cry at least once a month for better well being. They say the power of laughter is un-measurable and I believe that also but damn I feel refreshed. What a strange but oddly fulfilling Friday morning. Bring on the weekend then, I feel positive changes coming my way.

1 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well! Now I know what it's like for all the poor bastards who visit my site daily diving for the sweet waters of new wisdom and finding NONE! I suppose I owe you, and all of them, an apology, but as you are learning, writing everyday (and for an invisible if non-existent audience, to boot) is fucking tough. It is a call few can answer, at least with any substance. I'm not talking about substance abuse. I'm talking about having something to say. And you, Mr. Beef, definitely have something to say. I'm lonesome without your words. Perhaps you could suggest other sites or other blogs worthy of readin' when there ain't nothin' new at the Beeflog. Desolate and dessicated as a dead dog in the desert... Lord Duke
ps: as you may have noticed, I managed to maintain my blog for about a day

 

Post a Comment

<< Home