Your Stop for the Daily Beef!

BEEF: Noun 1:the flesh of an adult domestic bovine (as a steer or cow) used as food. plural beefs: 2 a : something that is the cause or subject of protest or outcry 3 : a formal allegation against a party

Monday, August 08, 2005

A Good Weekend

I had a nice relaxing weekend finally! Jess, myself and some friends headed up to the White Mtn. National forest and camped out all weekend. Lots of food and booze were had by all. It was a desperately needed escape and I am glad I decided to go. I am a little sore and tired but the scramble in my brain is starting to smooth out. It's a wonder what fresh air and some time away from everything can do. Now its time to start rebuilding and making plans for the rest of the month. There is a lot of things coming up. Should be interesting.

This is quite a dead time for the TV season but if anyone gets a chance be sure to check out "Over There" on FX. Its a gritty drama about the current situation over in Iraq. It follows a squad of soldiers through their tour in the desert. It really hits home now after the loss of all those marines a few days ago.

There is an email hoax going around about Mars. It says on Aug. 27th it will pass as close to earth as it ever will in thousands of years. We are supposed to see it as close as the moon almost. Well it turned out to be a hoax and I never fall for that email/chainmail/hoax shit but since my girlfriend and my Mom told me about it I actually was starting to spread it around. I was so pissed when i found out I was duped. I must be getting slow in my old age.

More tomorrow.

J

2 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad - I got duped too. My mom sent it to me and I thought that it might be true but if you think about it - if anyone looked outside and saw Mars as big as the moon people would probably freak out and commit mass suicide or something thinking the world was coming to an end. If we really want to see Mars as close as the moon perhaps on August 27th we should all drop acid and make a hoax reality! :) J/K!

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger juststained said...

Sounds like a plan! I was really looking forward to seeing Mars that close.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home