Your Stop for the Daily Beef!

BEEF: Noun 1:the flesh of an adult domestic bovine (as a steer or cow) used as food. plural beefs: 2 a : something that is the cause or subject of protest or outcry 3 : a formal allegation against a party

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

To Blog or Not to Blog

Wow. Long time huh? Yeah, I know I probably lost the few readers I had after the first 7 times I stopped posting then returned. I guess I never considered just how hard it would be to keep up with this. What can I say? Lets just hope I can give this another go.

I do have Internet access @ both of my locations now so I think that will help. I have changed jobs since my last post and am much happier for it. Well at least on the monetary side of things. It is a lot of hours though and I do not get two days of in a row and that sucks balls. I think taking the summer off is OK though. Who wants to spend all their time crunched in front of their PC's anyway? Get out, commute, go hike a mountain or take a vacay. Stop posting pics of yer dogs on MySpace. Breathe the air for a bit. Careful though, this heatwave has created some rancid O2 out there.

So go do something fun and somewhere in the middle of it all go see Clerks 2. Its fuckin great. Kevin Smith has redeemed himself for that little turd called Jersey Girl. Go visit my cuz @ Jigglebox.com and if you get bored check back here in a few days. Maybe some words will materialize.

Or maybe I'll see ya in the Fall.

Captain J

P.S-Check out this review of my Cousins book from the Nashua Telegraph.

3 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo. jersey girl wasn't that bad, man. it was a pretty typical romantic comedy with george carlin in it.

stop the hatin'.

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger juststained said...

As much as I tried to like Jersey Girl I just couldnt. Carlin did steal the movie but Affleck was just..well he was Affleck. He was the bomb in Phantoms though.

 
At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

unbelievably, I don't hat Ben Affleck. I think he knocked it out of the park in Mallrats and Chasing Amy (two very different roles, two great performances).

I also like his self-depreciating rols in Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back (the "Good Will Hunting 2: Hunting Season" scene was awesome, not to mention the scene in his warehouse).

Hell, I even like (*gasp*) Daredevil! I thought it was an entertaining flick.

Jersey Girl was half decent, and had some great bits of dialog here and there. My least favorite Askew flick (currently Clerks II holds that title with Chasing Amy as a close second) but not a terrible movie by any stretch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home